Friday, November 29, 2013

Cookie Jar

I hope everyone is recovering from fun times and food with their families at Thanksgiving! I know I've been verrry lazy with updating my blog, but am finally back with a new post! This post is dedicated to Gloria Ha who asked for a chocolate chip cookie recipe. While this recipe will not get you a whole batch, this single-serving ramekin cookie is perfect for those nights in when you just wanna cuddle up with a warm dessert just for yourself. I found this poem while on the prowl, and though its not anything particularly special, something about it stuck out to me. What do you guys like best about it?



Cookie Jar
By Robert Mayy
If you were close and not so far away
I would bring you a cookie from my 
Cookie Jar
Hoping you would take a bite,
                                                                       Love 


                                                              at first sight!
( a dedication to ladies)

What you will need:
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoon sweet cream butter
  • 1 or two drops of vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • A pinch of salt
  • 2 tablespoons semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and set aside a 6 ounce ramekin.
2. Either in the microwave or on the stove, melt your two tablespoons of butter. In a medium bowl whisk together the sugars and the melted butter.
3. Add the yolk and then stir in your salt, flour, and baking soda. Mix everything together until combined.
4. Fold in your chocolate chips and then pour the batter into your clean ramekin.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-16 minutes. 
6. Enjoy :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh thank you so much Tanisha! This is awesome. I'm a huge fan of mug cakes and the like, and I was thinking of what to make with my little brother and his friend when he comes over tomorrow, and I think I might try this! Also a very interesting poem. Sounds mildly creepy, like someone luring little girls in with cookies, but at the same time, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it's crept factor definitely worked on me...I somehow really like this poem. Ooh definitely let me know how it turns out though!

      Delete
  2. This looks to dieeeee for. :) At first I thought it was stuffing but this is even better! Can you be my secret santa and bring me some? Kay thanks byeeee. I love your blog. izzy out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can make ya some just for fun. Hehe yaaay I have a fan guys :')

      Delete